How to disable startup programs and services in Windows 10
Many programs and services start automatically when you turn on your Windows 10 computer. Some of these may be programs that you don't use. The more services that automatically start, the longer your computer will take to boot. Disabling these programs and services can improve your boot times, and save you from having to close an unwanted program every time you turn on your computer.
- Right click on the Taskbar at the bottom of the screen and then click on Task Manager.
2. If necessary, click on More details to expand Task Manager
3. Click on Startup at the top of Task Manager
4. This list will show programs that startup automatically. It will show an enabled or disabled status, and an estimated startup impact. To disable a program from startup, right click and select Disable
- Press the Windows key + R on the keyboard to open a Run window. Enter msconfig into the Run window and then click OK to open
2. Click on Services on the System Configuration window
3.To remove any Microsoft services from this list, check the box Hide all Microsoft services. It is typically best to do this as some Microsoft services may be essential for features of the computer to work properly
4. To disable services from starting, either (Option 1) uncheck the boxes next to the specific service, or (Option 2) click on Disable all to turn off all services. Click OK to save changes
5. To complete the changes, the computer will need to be restarted. Click on Restart to do this immediately, or Exit without restart to restart at another time to put the changes into effect