How to Download and Install ESET without a DVD
Congratulations! You just purchased ESET for the first time, or you just bought a new computer and need to install ESET again. It may be that the last time you installed software, you popped a disk into the CD tray and just followed the instructions, but this time you didn't get a disk, or your computer doesn't even have a CD drive. Not to worry, though, ESET can be downloaded and installed without the need for a physical disk. Follow these directions and you'll be protected in no time:
1. Open a web browser and navigate to www.eset.com
2. At the top of the screen, select Download and then under the “For Home” category, select I Already Purchased.
3. Select the Download Now button for the version of ESET you purchased.
4. On the next page, click the button labelled Download Now or Download for Windows
5. If you are prompted asking what to do with the file, select Save.
6. Run the file once it has finished downloading.
7. If you get a User Account Control prompt, select Yes to allow the ESET application to make changes
8. Select Continue to start and Accept the license terms.
9. Once the software has fully downloaded, you will be prompted to activate. Select the option to Use a purchased License Key
10. Enter the License Key or Serial Number as it appears on the card (it should begin with USAX-). Be sure to include the dashes. Click Continue
Register your license with ESET. Company and
Address 2 can be left blank, but all other fields are required. Then click Activate.
Select Continue on the next page to install the software.
13. Enable the options for ESET Live Grid, and detection of Potentially Unwanted Programs then, Continue to the next page and select whether to participate in ESET’s Customer Experience Improvement Program. Click Install.
14. When installation finishes, click Done to exit the installer.
15. You are now protected from threats and ready to use your computer!