Why is the website saying my billing address cannot be verified? — Micro Center

Why is the website saying my billing address cannot be verified?

ryauryau admin
edited April 13 in Customer Support
To protect our customers, we employ comprehensive online security measures. Due to the complexity of our system, this can sometimes result in an error. Please contact us and we can assist in manually placing an order for you.

Comments

• AlexKAlexK FL
    It is not just "sometimes" it happen to me all the time. As a result have to call customer service then spend like 1 hour on the phone.
    Then place order, then order was not placed, then call again in 2 day and spend another hour on the phone, then get contacted by manager and get refund for my order. Trying to make another online order with the same error as usual: "Unable  to verify your billing address..."
    Don't get me wrong, I love your stores and it use to be my number one choice for my computer needs when I was located in Brooklyn. Last year I moved to Florida and closest store is in Georgia (about 8 hours of drive). And it is no way to get orders online except spending hours with phone calls. I am not a lone, it is others who have the same problems...
    Do some thing or loose clients!
    Best Regards,
    Alex K
  • Hello Alex!  Thank you so much for the feedback.  That is very much an issue we want to get remedied.  
  • AlexKAlexK FL
    Do you have any ETA when it will be resolved, as it happens for more then a 6 month now?
  • I do not have a current ETA, but it is in our road map.  
  • I have the same issue. Just try an hour ago but still the same. I assume this is still an issue then?
  • When I did finally get past the "unable to verify address"; When I went to submit the order, the website said "Your card it empty".
    It wasn't empty when I started to use the online store.
    Methinks the online store web shopping is broken (or disabled).
  • AlexKAlexK FL
    Still the same problem:

Just wondering when it will be fixed?!!!
  • Having the same issue.
  • Kitt said:
    Having the same issue.
    If this is for a Micro Center online shipping order, please contact our Online Sales line at 614-850-3675 Option 3. They are open from 10am-5pm Monday thru Saturday. 
  • Is it that difficult for a company like MICRO CENTER to fix the problem with web checkout?
    Why people have to spend extra time on phone calls?
  • Getting the exact same issue. It says to call or contact MC online. Store obviously can't get to all the phone calls they're getting and there's *37* people ahead of me in the chat. Your system to "protect our customers" isn't letting me be a customer very easily. You've known about this issue for 2 weeks now. What's the hold up?
  • I've been battling this all morning. I've used 2 separate cards, my address in as many formats as I can think of and even tried my old address. I have verified my address with my bank and input it EXACTLY as they have it. Problem persists.
    When I try contacting support via the online chat function I get told my only option is to come into the store and "sorry".
    When I try to call I get "Our hold queue is full. Goodbye"
    When I reached out via Twitter I was told to turn off my VPN and don't use a proxy. (What? My side has nothing to do with your system. Besides I'm not on a VPN and don't use a proxy....)
    I'm beyond frustrated. The nearest Microcenter is 2 hours away. I was planning to make a reservation and then come pick it up this weekend. I don't want to drive 2 hours just to find your out of a specific part that I need is unavailable.
    The "Please contact us" quote doesn't work when you refuse phone calls. I seriously wouldn't mind waiting in a phone queue but it seems that has been turned off completely.
  • I've been battling this all morning. I've used 2 separate cards, my address in as many formats as I can think of and even tried my old address. I have verified my address with my bank and input it EXACTLY as they have it. Problem persists.
    When I try contacting support via the online chat function I get told my only option is to come into the store and "sorry".
    When I try to call I get "Our hold queue is full. Goodbye"
    When I reached out via Twitter I was told to turn off my VPN and don't use a proxy. (What? My side has nothing to do with your system. Besides I'm not on a VPN and don't use a proxy....)
    I'm beyond frustrated. The nearest Microcenter is 2 hours away. I was planning to make a reservation and then come pick it up this weekend. I don't want to drive 2 hours just to find your out of a specific part that I need is unavailable.
    The "Please contact us" quote doesn't work when you refuse phone calls. I seriously wouldn't mind waiting in a phone queue but it seems that has been turned off completely.

This was a change that started on 4/13/2020, Unfortunately at this time, we do not have a workaround for when it fails at this time and can only recommend coming to the store as soon as possible to get the items/products for pickup orders. For shipping orders please call 614-850-3675 and we get can the shipping order placed. We are still takingcalls but due to the volumes we are experiencing at this time, there is a long hold time and the system can only hold so many calls at a time. We do apologize for the inconveniences from this.

• Microcenter ARE LOOSING MANY CLIENTS!
    I guess they don't care about...
  • TSAustinM said:
    This was a change that started on 4/13/2020, Unfortunately at this time, we do not have a workaround for when it fails at this time and can only recommend coming to the store as soon as possible to get the items/products for pickup orders. For shipping orders please call 614-850-3675 and we get can the shipping order placed. We are still takingcalls but due to the volumes we are experiencing at this time, there is a long hold time and the system can only hold so many calls at a time. We do apologize for the inconveniences from this.

But it didn't start 4/13. You have reports of it in this same thread going back to 4/1/2020.
  • I tell you more, I had that problem for a couple of years, but before I was 20 min away from the store...
    Now it is a big deal for me, that why I started it.
  • TSAustinM said:

But it didn't start 4/13. You have reports of it in this same thread going back to 4/1/2020.
    Yes, we have had this issue before but was only for shipping orders which we can place the order over the phone.
  • Micro Center did start a curbside service at select Micro Center stores within the last couple weeks which required a credit/debit card to be able to place the order like a shipping order.
    On 4/13/2020 that change had been made for all stores/locations which will place a pending charge for in-store pickup orders. which we have seen an issue for placing an order due to being unable to verify billing which our internal IT and Web team are in the process of getting fixed so it does not affect customers in the future.
    We do apologize for all inconvenience experienced with the current system. 
  • You can easy integrate PayPal and solve the problem, at list for now, if your merchant system not working as it should be.
  • Thank you for the feedback! I have submitted this as a suggestion over to the team involved with this. 
  • According to the comments being posted here, you have an online ordering program which has continued far too long.
    1) I could not get my shipping address verified.
    2) Reaching you by Phone is impossible.
    3) Online chat attempts shows 22 to 42 people waiting ahead of me.
    GUESS WHAT?? I ordered what I needed, when I need it, from Amazon!!!
    IF YOU WANT MY MONEY, FIX YOUR STUFF NOW!!, NOT WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE IT!!!
  • TSNickWTSNickW admin
    Hello EVERYONE!  Thank you so much for the feedback.  We believed we the issue fixed.  If you should still run into it please let us know!