Isn't there a more efficient and customer-friendly way to sell graphics cards? — Micro Center

Isn't there a more efficient and customer-friendly way to sell graphics cards?

I've spoken to people at a local Micro Center and I've been asking around, and it seems to me that there are really redundant layers in place that might just frustrate, confuse, and exhaust people.

The entire "waiting list" (to get into the store) thing seems really redundant, and I've been hearing that it's not exactly practiced in its intended form anyway. At the end of the day, aren't people just lining up early in the morning and bum rushing the GPU section like its black friday?

How difficult would it be to implement an actual waiting list for a GPU?

Here's how I imagine it: A GPU registration system. For every make and model GPU a potential customer can see how many people are on the waiting list for each card. Maybe the 3060ti XC has a waiting list of 60 people, while the Founders Edition has a waiting list of 70. You are only allowed to register for ONE at any given time. You could set up alerts to know when you're 50th in line, or 12th. By the time you get that alert that you are next in line, you're already there. But you only get 30 minutes from the time you are alerted to get the actual card. If you're even one minute late it goes to the next person in line and you're moved to the back of that line. GPU's could all be kept in the back room like tennis shoes, just waiting for their owner to pick them up. It's simple, secure, and universally fair.

Comments

• Hello @MatthewDZak

I appreciate your feedback as things are. We've recently made changes and created a post explaining these new changes. Limited Availability Product Launch FAQ

We are always working on ways to improve and better the experience. Thank you for sharing your feedback! I'll pass your thoughts and feedback along!

Thanks again!

• But vouchers still force people to take off work, get an uber/drive, wait in line with a bad back, and still potentially leave empty handed. With a digital system (where the employee checks ID as you enter the store, and cashier double checks ID when you check out) could allow people to drive to the store when its their turn to buy one. I don't know how much work it would require, but I feel like it would relatively be easy for something called Micro Center to figure out. And it can't be more work than the accumulative work being asked of customers to put their lives on hold for a product. Not all of us can afford to jump through all those hoops. Are we any less deserving?

Those are just my thoughts. I clearly picked a bad time to build my first computer.