Do copies of manuals for components come with PowerSpec models?

Options
jr_11209
jr_11209
First Comment
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
Hello-
I am considering purchasing the Powerspec G434 (Intel i7) or G464 (AMD Ryzen 3900x).  This will be the first prebuilt desktop I've purchased since the mid-1990's - I usually build my own PCs, but have decided against that this time around, mainly because the price advantage of building does not seem to outweigh the effort right now. 

My question:  Do the Powerspec models purchased at MicroCenter come with hardcopy manuals for each of the notable components (Motherboard, Graphics Card, Case, etc.)?  Having a copy of the manual for the motherboard and case would come in handy if I decided to buy additional parts for the Powerspec and wanted to install them right away.

Thanks!

Best Answers

Answers

• jr_11209
    Options
    Thanks for your comment.  I went ahead and purchased an open box version of the PowerSpec G464.  I have a couple of questions related to the Lian Li ATX 205 case:

- I am considering adding a 2.5 inch Internal SATA SSD from my old PC to my new PowerSpec.  It looks like the hard drive area is along the bottom of the case and seems to have different pieces that need to be removed compared to the rest of the case.  Do you have any steps as to how to access this area, mount the Hard Drive, and connect it to the power supply? 
    - Also, I posted a question elsewhere about an area of the back of the case that looks like it may be a space for an additional fan.  The question is: on the back side of the PC (next to the ports) there is a rectangular slotted area that looks like it's meant for ventilation. Is an internal fan supposed to be mounted to that area from the inside (I actually purchased a Cooler Master Sickle Flow 120mm fan for this purpose, just in case...).

Thanks - any help you can provide would be appreciated!
  • HarryT
    HarryT
    First Comment
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I purchased a G434 unit in late May of this year.  I am very happy to say that it has performed flawlessly!  As for adding internal drives, why not just purchase external drives?  Since the USB is 3.1, the speed should not really be much of an issue.  Also, adding anything internal always makes for heat issues.  Well, whatever you decide, I hope you are happy with your purchase!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99