New Inland Premium 2TB seems slow

Bart
Bart
First Comment
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
Purchased a 2tb Inland Premium nvme ssd recently.  The drive is advertised as having 3900 mb/s Read and 2700 mb/s write but i'm not seeing it in my example.  Is it defective perhaps?  I split the drive into 2 1gb partitions (OS and Data) That shouldn't slow it down correct?

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited September 2020
    Read/write speeds can vary on drives and CrystalDiskMark isn't always going to push it to the maximum. This goes for any drive, but the read/write speeds that are advertised are a "best case scenario" situation. In practice even on really, really high end drives you will probably not see maximum read/write speeds because it depends on other factors as well.

These speeds seem pretty normal to me based on figures I've seen for other drives of this type. 
  • Where did you get those figures? Amazon lists 
    • Sequential Read/Write Speed up to 3200MB/s and 2900MB/s respectively
      Meaning you are a bit under spec but within reason especially if it's not a clean environment/properly set up. 

microcenter also lists them as
    • Read Speed
      Up to 3,200MBps
      Write Speed
      Up to 2,900MBps
  • The performance figures are printed on the packaging the drive came in.

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited September 2020
    I can't find anything suggesting different read/write speeds than what's on our website, and we have a picture of the packaging for the 2TB Inland Premium drive showing 3200MB/s. Could you take a picture of your package and post it? I'm wondering if it may be a different model that I should be looking at. 
  • Yep you are correct, i just looked again and it says "3200" not "3900" probably wasn't wearing my glasses.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99