COVID-19 & Micro Center Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ]

AlexS
AlexS admin
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Likes Micro Center Staff

Here we have an improved list of our Frequently Asked Questions.  We've sorted them by the following categories and hopefully can address the questions you have.  Just click on the category below and you'll see some common questions and answers related to that topic.  As always, if you have a question not found here, please feel free to comment below.

Categories

Comments

• AlexS
    AlexS admin
    edited March 2022

Store Questions (Brick and Mortar)

Q.  What are your store hours?

Q.  Can customers go inside of the store?
    A.  Yes, customers are being allowed inside of the physical store. However, we do request that you follow local guidelines for mask requirements and be mindful of social distancing.

Q.  Are you doing any in-store clinics?
    A.  In-store clinics are currently suspended indefinitely.

• AlexS
    AlexS admin
    edited March 2022

COVID-19 Related Questions

Q.  Can customers go inside of the store?
    A.  Yes, customers are being allowed into the store, but they will be asked to practice social distancing etiquette.

Q.  Are there any early open hours for seniors or immunocompromised individuals? 
    A.  Our Tustin (CA) and Paterson (NJ) stores will open one hour early on Tuesdays for high-risk (those deemed so by the CDC) and elderly customers (60 and over).  All other stores will observe normal operating hours. 

Q.  What is Micro Center doing to ensure the stores are maintaining social distancing and what sort of safety measures are being implemented?
    A.  More information can be found here! 

Q.  Do I have to wear a face mask to go into your store?
    A.  Complying with local regulations and guidelines is imperative to associate and customer safety, it's recommended to wear a facemask in a public setting.

Q.  Can I make an order over the phone, text or chat for in-store pickup?
    A.  Since we are unable to accept payment information over the phone, we cannot place orders for in-store reservations at the time being as it requires a credit card.
  • AlexS
    AlexS admin
    edited March 2022

Customer Service

Q.  Are you able to do returns or exchanges?
    A.  Yes, we can process returns and exchanges.  Please check out Micro Center's Return Policy page here.

Q.  Do you accept cash or checks?  
    A.  Yes, we do accept cash and checks.

Q.  I lost or did not receive my receipt.  How can I get a copy?
    A.  We can email you a copy of your receipt after 1 business day. 

Q.  
    Do you accept Virtual Credit Cards?
    A.  Card transactions at the store require a physical card.  If it's something like a pre-paid Visa gift card that you physically possess, we can swipe it.  We cannot accept electronically generated card numbers that would have to be input manually in-store.  

Q.  Can I use my Micro Center Insider Account Credit Card to place a hold for reservation?
    A.  Unfortunately, the MC insider Account Credit Card is not available for use on the website at this time, so you'll have to use a different card to place the reservation.  When you arrive at the store, you can use your MC Insider Account Credit Card to complete the purchase.

Q.  Can I make an order over the phone for in-store pickup?
    A.  Since we are unable to accept payment information over the phone, we cannot place orders for in-store reservations at the time being as it requires a credit card.

Q.  Can I change my shipped order to an in-store pickup?
    A.  No, you will have to have the order cancelled for shipping and place a new order on the website for an in-store reservation for your local Micro Center.

Q.  Can you hold a reservation beyond 3 days?
    A.  Once a reservation is placed, you have 3 days to pick it up.  If not, it goes back to the shelf.  You can place another reservation on our website if you are unable to pick up within 3 days.

Q.  When will you get more stock of an item?
    A.  We are working hard with our vendors and suppliers to restock as quickly as possible, but due to current events, we cannot promise a specific time frame.  It is recommended to record a SKU of the item you want and check www.microcenter.com to check stock levels.  Once you see the item in stock, you can reserve an item by following the instructions on this knowledge base article! https://community.microcenter.com/kb/articles/30-how-to-reserve-an-item-online

Q.  Are you doing any in-store clinics?
    A.  In-store clinics are currently suspended indefinitely.

Q.  "I purchased a headset, headphones or VR unit. Can I return it?"
    A.  For safety reasons, we are no longer accepting returns on headsets, headphones and VR units. This applies to headphones and earbuds; Apple Airpods and Beats; phone, PC and gaming headsets; and VR headsets. Please check out our return policy at: 
    https://community.microcenter.com/kb/articles/28-what-is-the-return-policy 

• AlexS
    AlexS admin
    edited March 2022

In-Store Pickup

Q.  Is in-store pickup available?
    A.  In-store pickup is available.

Q.  Why have I not received my confirmation email yet?  Is my order ready for pickup?
    A.  Since the beginning of the pandemic, our stores have received an influx of in-store reservation requests.  While our teams are doing their very best to fulfill all requests, the speed we normally operate at is limited as we have to exercise the social distancing standards as set by the CDC and State of your local Micro Center.  If you need an item, it may be optimal for you to stop by, enter the wait list, and when texted to come in, choose your items and make your purchase.  We again apologize for any inconvenience.

Q.  Can I use my Micro Center Insider Account Credit Card to place a hold for reservation?
    A.  Unfortunately, the MC insider Account Credit Card is not available for use on the website at this time, so you'll have to use a different card to place the reservation.  When you arrive at the store, you can use your MC Insider Account Credit Card to complete the purchase.

Q.  Why can't I reserve a specific item?
    A.   If you see a product that’s listed as “Limited Availability” or “Locate In Store,” these items can only be purchased in-store and are unavailable to be reserved ahead of time.

Q.  Can I make an order over the phone for in-store pickup?

A.  No, you will have to have the order cancelled for shipping and place a new order on the website for an in-store reservation for your local Micro Center.

Q.  Can you hold an in-store pickup reservation beyond 3 days?
    A.  Once a reservation is placed, you have 3 days to pick it up.  If not, it goes back to the shelf.  You can place another reservation if you are unable to pick up within 3 days.

Q.  Can I have someone else pick up my in-store reservation for me?
    A.  Someone else can pick up your order, as long as they are paying with their own credit card that matches their own identification.  

Q.  "But I paid for the in-store reservation online!"
    A.  This is only an authorization.  Full payment must be completed at the store.

Q.  I need an in-store reservation to be canceled.  How can I do this?
    A.  Your in-store reservation will be automatically cancelled in 3 days from Ready confirmation if not picked up within that time frame.

Q.  How do I check the status of my in-store reservation?
    A.  Please text your local Micro Center location with your reservation # and we will try to get your order status as soon as possible.

• AlexS
    AlexS admin
    edited July 2021

Micro Center Online

Q.  What are Micro Center Online's hours?
    A.  Micro Center Online's hours are from 10am-5pm EST, Monday through Saturday.

Q.  Can you ship overseas?
    A.  Micro Center only ships to the domestic United States of America.

Q.  Why is this item not available for shipping?
    A.  Some of these items are deemed in-store only as a decision by Micro Center.

Q.  How can I check the status of my order?
    A.  You can view information on this here: https://community.microcenter.com/kb/articles/23-whats-my-order-status?rd=1

A.  No, you will have to have the order cancelled for shipping and place a new order on the website for an in-store reservation.

Q.  Can I have my in-store pickup reservation shipped to me?
    A.  No, you will have to place an order online at www.microcenter.com for shipping

Q.  I need an order to be canceled.  How can I do this?
    A.  If you need to cancel an order that has not yet shipped, please text 614-850-3675 with your order number and we'll try to get to your cancellation request as soon as possible.

Q.  My Micro Center Insider Account is locked.  How do I get this unlocked?
    A.  If your account is locked, please reset the password and wait 15 minutes for it to become unlocked.  

Q. Why does it take so long to get someone on the phone?
    A. We do apologize for the delay.  Since the beginning of the pandemic, we've been experiencing high volume of contacts across all channels including phones, text, chat, and email.  We will try to get to you as soon as possible.

• AlexS
    AlexS admin
    edited March 2022

Service Related Questions

Q.  Is your service department still available for repairs?
    A.  Yes, our service department is still available to complete repairs for your computer.  Depending on your store location, there will delays in repairs due to limited staffing and other factors.  All locations are operating at drop off and pick up only.

Q.  If I have a computer I wish to drop off for repairs, do I still have to get on the wait list?
    A.  Yes, you will still have to get on the wait list to enter the store.

Q.  How can I check the status of my repair?
    A.  You can check the status using your RP or SV number at https://www.microcenter.com/site/service/repair-order.aspx

Q.  Can I get my Apple iPhone, iPad or Air Pods repaired at Micro Center?
    A.  Our iPhone repair information can be found at https://community.microcenter.com/kb/articles/13-do-you-service-ipads-and-iphones 

• AlexS
    AlexS admin
    edited March 2022

Special Requests

Q.  Can I have someone else pick up my in-store reservation for me?
    A.  Someone else can pick up your order, as long as they are paying with their own credit card that matches their own identification.  

Q.  "But I paid for the in-store reservation online!
    A.  This is only an authorization.  Full payment must be completed at the store.
  • Hello! One month later and I have the same question. My Corsair Void Elite simply do not fit my apparently tiny head. I can - or, rather, would be able to - return these until the 14th of June. Are there any lifted restrictions for this type of return yet?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Chrys3s said:
    Hello! One month later and I have the same question. My Corsair Void Elite simply do not fit my apparently tiny head. I can - or, rather, would be able to - return these until the 14th of June. Are there any lifted restrictions for this type of return yet?
    Unfortunately the restrictions have not been lifted yet. 
  • My asus Cerberus headphones was bought with the microcenter 2 year warranty, and one of the sides just stopped working. Can I cash out the warranty for the $50 I paid and pick some new ones up?
  • My asus Cerberus headphones was bought with the microcenter 2 year warranty, and one of the sides just stopped working. Can I cash out the warranty for the $50 I paid and pick some new ones up?
    Hello @Teafan1221, we will honor warranties, however I would recommend texting us so we can confirm your warranty options so we can cover all of our basis and take the appropriate actions.
  • Joyce_pulcini
    edited June 2020
    We want to buy a dell inspiron computer. We want to talk to someone about how we would transfer files from an old computer to the new one. How is this done? Do we bring in the old computer or do you do this remotely? My email is [removed for privacy]
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs
    We want to buy a dell inspiron computer. We want to talk to someone about how we would transfer files from an old computer to the new one. How is this done? Do we bring in the old computer or do you do this remotely? My email is [removed for privacy]
    Yes, we are able to look at computers for data transfers at any Micro Center store. An appointment is not needed for service, there may be some available online at https://www.microcenter.com/site/service/service.aspx Otherwise please visit the store with the computer and charger/power cable for assistance, store hours are 10am until 7pm Mon-Sat, 11am-6pm Sun. 
  • I bought a Redragon headphone on Sat. Tried it today on four different computers and it does not work. Does you covid restriction apply to defective merchandise? If so, what are my options? 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    chris24 said:
    I bought a Redragon headphone on Sat. Tried it today on four different computers and it does not work. Does you covid restriction apply to defective merchandise? If so, what are my options? 
    If the product is defective you can return it. 
  • I was in the Madison Heights, Michigan store this morning between 10am and 11am. the store closed for a deep cleaning. Was there a Covid19 incident and should I be concerned / quarantine?
  • HI there. I made a Curbside pick-up order last night but I want to cancel the order now. I paid online with my credit card when I place the order. How should I cancel it? I noticed that there's no cancel order option in the order center.
  • AlexS
    AlexS admin
    edited October 2020
    dcnettech said:
    I was in the Madison Heights, Michigan store this morning between 10am and 11am. the store closed for a deep cleaning. Was there a Covid19 incident and should I be concerned / quarantine?
    Greetings @dcnnettech,

I apologize for the delay in response.

The Madison Heights location was temporarily closed due to a confirmed case of COVID19.  This information can be found here for future reference as well as any other Recent Confirmed Cases of COVID19 at Micro Center locations.  We have since completed the deep cleaning and the store is sanitized and open for customers.  On a daily basis, our store employees have been extremely diligent in cleaning and sanitizing practices to help keep everyone safe.

To address the concern of if you should quarantine, according to the date on the Confirmed Cases page, the person who was confirmed positive had not been at the store for two days since before your visit so your chance of contact with this person is zero.

I hope this addresses your questions.  Stay safe!

• AlexS
    AlexS admin
    edited May 2021
    Kaiserhhh said:
    HI there. I made a Curbside pick-up order last night but I want to cancel the order now. I paid online with my credit card when I place the order. How should I cancel it? I noticed that there's no cancel order option in the order center.
    If this was for in-store, the order should automatically cancel in 3 days. 
  • If I select next day shipping, would I be partially refunded since yall are only doing standard shipping? 
  • Hello @chubby

Processing can take up to 5-7 business days and the Next Day is the name of the shipping method that FedEx will do when they receive the item.  As weekends are not considered business days, it's most likely to ship out Monday and arrive Tuesday.  
  • I am planning to go to the Cambridge Store, do they accept cash now?
  • Q.  Do you accept cash or checks?  
    A.  We now accept cash and checks again.

Hello @chunkey, welcome to the community! Yes, we are accepting cash now!
  • Is there an email or a web link to know ahead of time if a store is closed? Thinking of coming in friday and I live very far away.  Also,  stores are not answering any phone calls so I can't just call and find out if they are open. 
  • Yes, our website does show our store hours and whether our store is closed or if there is any change to hours. This can be found by clicking the "Store Info" button at the top of your page.

Apologies, but our stores are not open until 10am Eastern. Our call center located in Ohio also opens at that time. However, we also have a prompt, should you call the store, it will inform you of the store hours.
  • Can I return an unopened box of airpods?
  • Hello, @EMLOU Welcome to the communtiy.
    If the package is still sealed, we should be able to accept the return. However, if the seal has been broken or the headphones have been used, we are not able to accept the return at this time.
  • Hi, I just recently purchased some Jbl bluetooth earphones and they are not working properly I've only worn them once and noticed their touch sensor wasn't working properly.  I had bought the protection plan and was hoping if I can return them still? I don't want to have to continue to use a product that isn't working properly. 
  • @JasonMartinez2 I'd recommend bringing your broken item into the store to speak with an associate!
  • I bought a quest 2 on sunday, and after using it for about 2 hours (and using my friends Vive) I have basically come to the conclusion that I physically can't use VR.  No matter what I do, the headset is blurry.  At this point I don't even care about getting a refund, I would be fine with a store credit.  I'm stuck with a $300 paperweight now...
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99