how to survive getting a pretty good pc under $700 during the gpu shortage

Options

hi there, new to the community. i'm a video editor/musician, i've been editing all of my 1080p 60 fps on a early 2014 MacBook air for the past- well, 7 years lol. the thing is still in working conditions, and it isn't buttery smooth but it gets the job done. i'm looking to get a pretty good pc for editing, music, and gaming. while i know music isn't gonna be crazy (im gonna be using ableton) considering that it's ableton, editing and other things are a different story. for $700 i'm not expecting a super crazy machine with real time ray tracing but considering i've been using a 7 year old MacBook air for literally all of my work and gaming, i think a modern pc now is gonna be a crazy upgrade from this ol' thing. i need something that's just overall pretty good, pretty smooth, not much lag and stuff, and can play games like gta 5 and rainbow six siege at least w 60 fps. (i can live w 30 fps) anything more is incredible. i don't need anything like cool leds or whatnot, just a good computer.

does anybody have any advice, tips, anything on getting the new powerhouse for content creation and stuff? super duper big thanks.

Comments

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99