New store location request

Jmat
Jmat

Where can I go to request/notify someone of the interest for a new store location?

I currently live in Raleigh, NC where there has been a fair amount of interest in tech hardware that is expected to increase dramatically in the coming years. There are numerous tech companies already, and more companies with plans to construct offices in the area. Google, Apple, SAS, Cisco, GE, Red Hat are just some of the major companies in the area that would draw business to a store. If there is any way to get this forwarded to corporate to begin gauging interest, please let me know.

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs
    edited January 2022

Hello! Welcome to the Micro Center Community!

You're definitely not the first to ask for a Micro Center in North Carolina! Thanks for sharing your interest! I'll be happy to share it with our corporate office!

In the meantime, we do still have our website, which has our shippable items listed!

• Tech worker here from Silicon Valley, we need a Microcenter in Raleigh, NC!!!

• Rochester NY please please please! Closest one is philly, I go every time I visit. We could REALLY use a good parts/tech hub in Roc, the tech hub of Western NY. There is nowhere else I can get arduinos or high end PC parts.

• Hello! Thanks for your suggestion! Perhaps one day we will be there!

• Arizona used to have 3 Fry's Electronics and all stayed busy. Now of course, none. So a giant hole is left that could very well be filled with MICROCENTER! Phoenix had 2 stores. One (their biggest) in Tempe, AZ. And Another smaller location in North Phoenix area and one in Tucson. So a store in Phoenix would be a great start. The old Tempe FRY's building is empty and in need of more electronics parts and goods :)

I think a Microcenter opening in central, AZ (aka Phoenix metro) would be an instant success.

• Would love to see a location opened up in St. Cloud, MN. We need some competition against Best Buy.

• Thanks for sharing your interest! We’ll make sure your request gets to the right people! 👍

• We don't have any plans as of yet, but that doesn't mean it can't happen! We do love your suggestion, so we will send this over to our real estate team!

• Ankeny, Iowa! The nearest Micro Center is in Overland Park, KS, near Kansas City, and/or up north in St. Paul, MN (each over 3 hours away!). The Des Moines, IA metro sits directly between these two locations via the I35 corridor; which stretches from Minnesota to Texas. The Des Moines metro contains 700k potential shoppers, with several hundred thousand more in nearby counties, that would LOVE to be able to locally shop a tech store like Micro Center. We have NO tech options other than a handful of Best Buy stores, which is ridiculous, considering the fact we are becoming known as the "Silicon Valley of the Midwest". We have a massive Facebook / Meta data farm in Altoona (another good location for MC), Microsoft offices, a new Amazon distribution hub, Apple, Wells Fargo, Principal Insurance, and now Tesla is coming to town as well. Etc. etc. Micro Center is missing a MASSIVE opportunity to dominate the market here; and supply lines are already established along I35 for Minnesota and Missouri. My suggestion is Ankeny, IA in particular, in the northern metro of Des Moines, as we have recently opened a Costco this month off of I35, at exit 94, (north side of Ankeny toward Ames, IA [ISU]) and have a copious amount of space for commercial development next door (some is taken, some is NOT). This would be an ideal location for Micro Center, as it would serve the Des Moines metro, as well as Ames, IA, which sits twenty miles to the north - the home of 32k college students at Iowa State University. Look on Google Maps for the new Ankeny Costco and the surrounding development area, and you will see what I mean. Thanks!

• Also another location in TX would be great. The Arlington area specifically.  I live in Arlington TX. the Dallas location is great but it's such a long drive. It's been so long since I've had a good Brick and Mortar place to go to. Would definitely bring my business there if it meant walking out the same day with what I wanted rather than ordering it and waiting.
  • Would be nice to have one in Evansville Indiana all we have is junky best buy
  • Phoenix area PLEASE!!! We’ve been asking for years, even did a petition!

There is a huge hole left by Fry’s Electronics closing, and MicroCenter is sooo much better!
  • I know there are other places that are way too far from a store, but a store in CT ideally Hartford area would be great. It’s a 70+ mile drive in either direction of a store. Not practical if you plan to go shopping frequently. Hartford is a big tech area. And I either have to go to Boston or NY city to get to a micro center making a very pricy trip to enjoy the store and see what’s in.
  • Orlando, FL or somewhere in the central Florida area please! Kinda echoing others but Best Buy is …..meh 
  • Hi Ian! I came here to make a similar post so Id love to add some more intel that I was planning to share with the hope that it would make its way to the person in charge of location scouting.

There is a barns and nobles that is moving and I feel like the space would be great for a MicroCenter. I’m sure there are a million variables I am unaware of but I’d love to at least let them know about the location with the added context of a local's perspective of why it seems like it could be a great fit.

It is literally a crosswalk away from where they are building Epic Games new massive HQ and presumably putting in a facility to host gaming tournaments.

It is in the middle of 3 major universities with a track record of putting out STEM innovations

It’s a stones throw from Research Triangle Park (RTP) where too many to count tech companies have a major presence including IBM, Lenovo, and Cisco.

RTP is also a massive bio tech hub on the east coast.

• Anywhere in Central Texas!!!

• Would love to see one come to Birmingham, AL! The south is becoming a mecca for technology. Google Fiber is located in Hunstville, Al along with some of the top tech companies in the nation in Aerospace, Aviation, NASA, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Red Stone Aresenal, Torch Technologies, General Dynamics that would purchase tech. Plus Alabama has 3 major auto manufacturers (Honda, Toyota, Hyundai and Mercedes-Benz). Not to mention all the near by states like Mississippi and Tennessee that would travel to purchase.

There are several empty building that belonged to Best Buy, Bed Bath and Beyond and more that can be used.

Not that I mind driving to Atlanta but having one in my backyard, well I would never leave the store. :)

• Ian
    Ian admin

Greetings all, We would love to expand to all States one day! That's the dream! Until then we will pass this along to our real estate team!

• San Antonio Texas is the SEVENTH most populous city in the US. We have major manufacturing, multiple universities and we are Growing Faster Than Austin. Unlike Austin we have the Infrastructure to support our growth. We are very diverse with a majority Hispanic population and we have the Actual Alamo the Real River Walk. And more importantly that all that we have thousands of people with money to spend. Build Here.

• Ian
    Ian admin

Thanks for sharing your interest! We’ll make sure your request gets to the right people! 👍

• Salt Lake City, Utah would be another great place, it has the highest population in utah. SLC is rapidly growing along with the rest of utah, and a store would be well utilized and greatly appreciated by many people. The nearest stores are in Boulder, CO (about 600 miles) and Tustin, CA (almost 800 miles), neither of which are convenient to visit unless you have another reason to visit. Thanks for considering!

• Please put a Micro Center in Tulsa.They have locations in several states bordering Oklahoma,but not one in-state.It's practically a must to buy pc parts online here.The business environment in Tulsa is ripe for a Micro Center.Dallas and Overland Park are way too far off to visit.Micro Center would have little to no competition in Tulsa.

• I created an account solely to suggest the Portland, OR area. While I would never recommend someone open a retail business in the actual City of Portland, there are many fantastic places around the city to open a new location. The old Fry's Electronics building has great freeway access is just south of Portland in Wilsonville. To the east is Happy Valley with lots of great shopping around the Clackamas Town Center. South East in Oregon City there has been some good retail expansion. To the west is Beaverton, home to Nike HQ and farther west is Hillsboro home to Intel. The closest things to a proper PC store in the area whole metro area is Bestbuy. I would gladly drive the 45 minutes from East Portland to Hillsboro to show at Microcenter. I used to do exactly that when I lived around Compton and had to drive to Tustin.

• I would love to have a MicroCenter near me! I live in Long Beach, MS...that landmass between Louisiana and Alabama. We have Stennis Space where they teach robotics, robotic teams and clubs in high schools, cosplay conventions which require some sort of electronic wizardry, Keesler Air Force base which has some tech interests from the students and permanent party personnel along with a lack of hobby shops to provide things that we need. Even if you were to build in New Orleans or Mobile it is better than having to wait for a shipment when I have a project to complete.

I visited your Dallas store when my son lived there and so happy to have him home. The closest store is 8 hours or more from me. Even if you opened up a Micro (mini) MicroCenter with some items that are highly popular for Makers and Computer Techs alike it would be awesome. We have NOTHING like it here.

• Perhaps Wentzville MO or Lake St. Louis MO!
  • I would love to see a Microcenter in Fort Collins/Northern Colorado. We have nothing similar locally, and driving down to Denver is quite a pain!

We have many makerspaces, cosplay groups, and tech nerds up here. Show us some love!

• Reno, Nevada here... transplant from Silicon Valley 9 years ago, where I used to shop at the old Santa Clara location. Still have books on my shelf that I bought there ages ago. This area is growing by leaps and bounds and practically the only option is B*st B*y or online shopping. PLEASE! Consider opening a store here. Many of the things I would buy from you are not available in your online store, forcing me to shop with a competitor.

• I'd love one in Albuquerque NM, but anywhere in New Mexico should be fine as the closest micro center to me is in Texas
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99