looking to build a decent gaming pc with a budget of around $2000

Options
yukon94
yukon94
Name Dropper First Comment
edited April 2020 in Help Choosing Parts
im looking to get a pretty decent gaming pc that can handle vr gaming. looking to spend around 2000 but im able to go over. i have no idea what parts to put together and hope someone can give me some advice. also this would be my first ever pc build so if you could recommend any tools i would need that would be helpful as well.

Comments

• TheITDad
    Options
    With 2k budget we can put you pretty close to the top of gaming performance with easy upgrade paths down the road.  The build I have here is a Ryzen build but changing it to Intel if you would rather would just be using the builder to select an intel CPU and a mobo that works with intel.  But personally I would stick with AMD currently because the cost to upgrade is cheaper but the performance goes basically blow for blow with intel.  With this build you have the basically the best graphics card you can buy without going to a Titan or crazy work station GPU's.  The CPU is the Ryzen 3800x which is a really great CPU and should be able to handle everything you can throw at it.  As for tools you might need, head over to ifixit.com and look at their screw driver kits.  But if you don't want to do that all you really need is a screw driver (preferably with a magnetic tip) and personally I only use velcro and velcro straps, but zipties work as well for cable management.  I also included the thermal paste in the build which is for putting the heat-sink that comes with the CPU on.  And if you need guides on the steps on how to build a computer look up guys like Bitwit, Linus Tech Tips, or JayzTwoCents on youtube for good step by step guides.  Just whatever you do don't use The Verge build guide lol have fun.

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=e1de98ae-cd56-4e74-92dd-6c93b527adc4
  • yukon94
    Options
    thanks for the help @TheITDad , im glad the cpu comes with its own cooling setup, I thought I would need to have a water cooling system because of the system demands and that made me slightly nervous for a first build. I looked up some videos of the people you recommended and they have really set me at ease with starting out.
  • TheITDad
    Options
    Glad I could help, honestly an AIO water cooler isn't hard to install and if you notice high temps that's the first thing I would go to but honestly unless you plan on doing some overclocking you should be fine with the stock cooler.  Also if you decide to add fans don't get dragged in by the RGB unless thats your thing but you can generally get the same quality fans just no RGB for half the cost.  Best of luck to you in your build.
  • Josecux
    Options
    Me and my dad are looking to build a pc with lot of lights and I want it for gaming and streame.The other thing is that I want to edit videos to poste in youtube and I really need a pc that is not that good but I want a pc that i can edit videos and game.
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options
    Josecux said:
    Me and my dad are looking to build a pc with lot of lights and I want it for gaming and streame.The other thing is that I want to edit videos to poste in youtube and I really need a pc that is not that good but I want a pc that i can edit videos and game.
    Greetings. What budget would you be looking at for your PC? 
  • Josecux
    Options
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    Options
    Josecux said:
    about 2,500

The above build is very good starting point for what you are describing. With mentioning editing, I upped the processor to a 3900x, upped to 32GB of RAM, but kept most parts the same and added additional storage to the above build. If you are looking to go heavy on RGB, I have left the case / fans choice empty. I would suggest to look through the available options and find a case you like that may already have some RGB built in and go from there.

Configure Your PC: https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=95898b09-0411-4742-bfd3-b146060bcdd7

You can also get some ideas from our build page with pictures of other customer's and Micro Center store builds at https://www.microcenter.com/search/builds.aspx

• Josecux
    Josecux ✭✭
    First Comment
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I need help can you put the part for me because my part deleted can you help me and while you are at it can you put more parts that I need.PLease. 
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    Options
    Josecux said:
    I need help can you put the part for me because my part deleted can you help me and while you are at it can you put more parts that I need.PLease. 
    Greetings, if you click the link for the PC builder: https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=95898b09-0411-4742-bfd3-b146060bcdd7 

This will show the page with the parts. I would suggest going to the Case section, and looking through the selection to find one that you like and then we can further assist with any additional RGB fans, etc. suggestions. 
  • Josecux
    Options
    There I now choose the case I want
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    Options
    Josecux said:
    There I now choose the case I want
    Can you send us the link as we cannot see it, click on "Share" on the parts page and select either the Text or URL option and send it here please.

• Josecux
    Josecux ✭✭
    First Comment
    edited April 2020
    Options
  • Josecux
    Options
    There I send it

• Josecux
    Options
    CPU: (1) AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Matisse 3.6GHz 8-Core AM4 Boxed Processor with Wraith Prism Cooler ($269.99 EACH)
    Motherboard: (1) Gigabyte Aorus Elite WiFi X570 AMD AM4 ATX Motherboard ($209.99 EACH)
    RAM: (1) G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3600 PC4-28800 CL16 Dual Channel Memory Kit F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC - Black ($189.99 EACH)
    Case: (1) NZXT H510 Elite Dual-Tempered Glass RGB ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - White ($154.99 EACH)
    Total: $824.96
    Generated by Micro Center https://www.microcenter.com (4/13/2020 12:48:08 PM)

• Ian
    Ian admin
    Options
    Greetings, based off your RAM selection and case selection here is what we have

CPU: (1) AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Matisse 3.8GHz 12-Core AM4 Boxed Processor with Wraith Prism Cooler ($399.99 EACH)
    Motherboard: (1) ASUS X570 TUF Gaming Plus (WI-FI) AMD AM4 ATX Motherboard ($189.99 EACH)
    RAM: (1) G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3600 PC4-28800 CL16 Dual Channel Memory Kit F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC - Black ($189.99 EACH)
    Case: (1) NZXT H510 Elite Dual-Tempered Glass RGB ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - White ($154.99 EACH)
    Power Supply: (1) PowerSpec 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX Fully Modular Power Supply ($109.99 EACH)
    Video Card: (1) EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Dual-Fan 11GB GDDR6 PCIe 3.0 Video Card ($1,099.99 EACH)
    M.2 SSD: (1) Crucial P1 1TB SSD 3D QLC NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive ($109.99 EACH)
    Hard Drive: (1) Seagate BarraCuda 3TB 5400RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive ($79.99 EACH)
    Operating System: (1) Microsoft Microsoft Windows 10 Home 32/64-Bit - USB ($139.99 EACH)
    Case Fans: (1) Corsair LL140 RGB Hydraulic Bearing 140mm Case Fan ($44.99 EACH)
    Total: $2,519.90
    Generated by Micro Center https://www.microcenter.com (4/13/2020 1:25:37 PM)

Other suggestions would be possibly water cooling the processor, but the case already has a decent amount of fans/RGB built-in. You could keep adding more Corsair or similar case fans with RGB if you'd like as it would have the room for them. 
  • Josecux
    Options
    Is there any way I can add water cooling lights

• Ian
    Ian admin
    Options
    Josecux said:
    Is there any way I can add water cooling lights

Yes, there would be plenty of options available that we sell like that. Here is what we would have: https://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?Ntt=rgb+water+cooling&Ntk=all&sortby=match&N=4294966904&myStore=true

• Josecux
    Options
    And i have a last question is that if I play fornite is the gaming pc going to give me 60FPS/Frames per second
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    Options
    Josecux said:
    And i have a last question is that if I play fornite is the gaming pc going to give me 60FPS/Frames per second
    Yes, you would have no issue doing running that or other games like this.
  • Josecux
    Options
    Thanks for every thing.
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    Options
    You're welcome, let us know if you have any other questions.

• Josecux
    Options
    I have a question about the liquid cooling stuff do I need those stuff
  • Josecux
    Options
    CPU: (1) AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Matisse 3.8GHz 12-Core AM4 Boxed Processor with Wraith Prism Cooler ($399.99 EACH)
    Motherboard: (1) ASUS X570 TUF Gaming Plus (WI-FI) AMD AM4 ATX Motherboard ($189.99 EACH)
    Power Supply: (1) PowerSpec 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX Fully Modular Power Supply ($109.99 EACH)
    Video Card: (1) EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Dual-Fan 11GB GDDR6 PCIe 3.0 Video Card ($1,099.99 EACH)
    2.5" SSD: (1) Inland Professional 1TB SSD 3D NAND SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive ($104.99 EACH)
    M.2 SSD: (1) Crucial P1 1TB SSD 3D QLC NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive ($109.99 EACH)
    Hard Drive: (1) Seagate BarraCuda 3TB 5400RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive ($82.99 EACH)
    Optical Drive: (1) LG WH16NS40 16x Internal Blu-Ray Rewriter ($64.99 EACH)
    Video Capture: (1) Razer Ripsaw HD - Game Capture Card ($169.99 EACH)
    Water Cooling Kits: (1) Corsair Hydro Series H100i Platinum 240mm RGB Water Cooling Kit - White ($179.99 EACH)
    Operating System: (1) Microsoft Microsoft Windows 10 Home 32/64-Bit - USB ($139.99 EACH)
    Keyboard: (1) Razer Huntsman Elite RGB Opto-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Razer Opto-Mechanical ($199.99 EACH)
    Mouse: (1) Glorious PC Gaming Race Model O Gaming-Maus - White, Matt ($49.99 EACH)
    Mouse Pads: (1) Razer Goliathus Extended Chroma Gaming Mouse Pad ($59.99 EACH)
    Headsets: (1) Razer Kraken X Wired Gaming Headset - Black ($49.99 EACH)
    Monitors: (2) Acer Nitro VG240Y Pbiip 23.8" Full HD 144Hz HDMI DP FreeSync IPS LED Monitor ($179.99 EACH)
    Case Fans: (1) Corsair LL140 RGB Hydraulic Bearing 140mm Case Fan ($44.99 EACH)
    Case Lighting: (1) ASUS ROG Addressable RGB LED 60cm Strip ($29.99 EACH)
    Total: $3,792.79
    Generated by Micro Center https://www.microcenter.com (4/17/2020 9:24:22 AM)

• Josecux
    Options
    I have question of the water cooling do I need the tobes and the thermal thing or I just get the water cooling

• AlexS
    AlexS admin
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Likes Micro Center Staff
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Josecux said:
    I have question of the water cooling do I need the tobes and the thermal thing or I just get the water cooling

If you are opt'ing on going with the Corsair Hydro Series H100i that you listed above, then you will not need any additional tubing or thermal paste.  This product is what is also known as an "All In One" cooler and has all the necessities to get your processor liquid cooled.  The thermal paste is even pre-applied which is also a convenient attribute. :) 
  • Josecux
    Options
    so i do not need anything some from the cool things

• AlexS
    Options
    That's a negative ghost rider.  And I didn't even know we had a White rendition of this cooling kit.  That's so awesome

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99