Nvidia compatibility and monitors

Options
Ok, I cant find any really clarification on this. Im looking for a 27inch curved monitor that will work well with my 2070 super gpu. Ive ready that nvidia has approved some compatable free sync displays. However, MSI for example....I read that they tested their monitors with nvidia cards and made a list of those that tested well. 

Im trying to buy a pair of nice 27 inch qhd curved monitors without spending an insane amount of $. I play call of duty and other multiplayer shooting games. Just seems like i cant get any clarification on whats going to give me issues or not.

Comments

• PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Insightfuls First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options
    Welcome to the forum, Tristan. This is actually a very great question. The short story is that Nvidia recently opened their GPU's to utilize AMD's FreeSync technology. While you can technically enable G-Sync Compatible mode on any Freesync monitor, not all of them will work without hiccups unless officially certified by Nvidia. Here is a list of monitors that Nvidia has officially certified: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/. If the monitor is not on this list, it doesn't mean that it's not going to work or that it's automatically going to have issues, just that Nvidia hasn't tested it or that it may not meet a very specific requirement to receive their official certification.

MSI has released a list of monitors that they tested and claim they had no issues:

Now I cannot vouch for MSI as I have not personally used their Freesync monitors under Nvidia's G-Sync compatible mode, but I have used quite a few Freesync monitors that were not certified for G-Sync compatibility and had no issues, so your mileage may vary. 

I hope this helps narrow down your search a little. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99