Many programs and services start automatically when you turn on your Windows 10 computer. Some of these may be programs that you don't use. The more services that automatically start, the longer your computer will take to boot.
Disabling these programs and services can improve your boot times and save you from having to close an unwanted program every time you turn on your computer, this can be done very easily on any Windows 10 PC!
How to disable programs from startup:
- Right click in any open space on the Taskbar, typically found at the bottom of the screen and then click on the Task Manager option.
2. If necessary, click on More details to expand Task Manager to see all available options within Task Manager.
3. Click on Startup at the top of the Task Manager window.
4. This list will show programs that startup automatically.
It will show an enabled or disabled status and an estimated startup impact.
To disable a program from startup, right click on the specific program and select Disable.
How to Disable startup services:
- Press the Windows key + R on the keyboard to open a Run window. Enter msconfig into the Run window and then click OK to open
2. Click on Services on the System Configuration window
3. To remove any Microsoft services from this list, check the box for Hide all Microsoft services.
It is typically best to do this before making any changes here as some Microsoft services may be essential for features of the computer to work properly and those do not need to be disabled.
4. To disable services from starting, either (Option 1) uncheck the boxes next to the specific service or (Option 2) click on Disable all to turn off all services. Click OK to save any changes.
5. To complete the changes, the computer will need to be restarted. Click on Restart to do this immediately or Exit without restart to restart at a later time to put the changes into effect.