Info that applies to all plans:
Start/End dates: The first day of the plan is the start date and the plan expires at 11:59 PM on the end day.
Example 1: a 2-year Date of Purchase plan that was bought with a computer on 3/23/20 starts on that day and expires on 3/22/22 at 11:59pm.
Example 2: a 1-year Carry-in Extension that was bought with a refurbished computer on 7/1/19 starts on 9/29/19 (after the 90 day warranty expires) and ends on 9/28/20 at 11:59pm.
All Micro Center protection plans cover up to the price of the product at the time of purchase. Example: If a $599 computer has one of our repair plans and has $400 of service done on it, then there is only $199 of coverage left for future service.
If a customer purchases a Micro Center protection plan, they can cancel the plan at any time. Within the first 60 days, the customer can return the plan for a full refund. After 60 days, customer will receive a prorated refund based on the time left on the plan and whether any service was performed on the product. Per California law, Tustin customers must come into the store and sign paperwork in order to cancel their protection plan. Rockville and Parkville customers also must come into the store and sign paperwork in order to cancel their protection plan.
All Micro Center protection plans are transferrable. Please visit your local Micro Center store for assistance or contact Micro Center Technical Support via text, chat, email or phone.
Some restrictions/limitations apply to all Micro Center protection plans:
- Can only be applied to products purchased from Micro Center.
- Can only be added to a product within that product’s return policy timeframe. <link to How to Add a Protection Plan article>
- Cannot be added to a product after the product has become defective (if the product becomes defective during the return policy, it should be returned to the store).
- Do not cover cell phones, smartwatches or drones (see AppleCare for Apple products).
- Not valid in and cannot be sold in FL, NV and WA.
- Not renewable.
- Do not cover loss. If a covered item has been stolen, customer should check with their home/rental/car insurance provider accordingly.
- Cosmetic damage not covered.
- Do not provide any free product upgrades.
- Do not include reimbursement of sales tax that was charged on the covered product when it was purchased.
- Do not cover software, batteries or other consumables including (but not limited to) inkjet/toner cartridges, filament and light bulbs/lamps. However, chargers and power cables are covered. Also, see Terms and Conditions here.