When bringing in your computer to a Micro Center Knowledge Bar for upgrades or repair work, we will likely need access to your computer to perform the work. For your piece of mind, we recommend changing your password temporarily, then once we've completed the work you can change it to something of your choosing.
1) On the start menu, type Sign-in Options into the Windows Search Box and then select Sign-in Options.
2) If you are NOT using a PIN to sign in, you can skip to the next step.
If you are signing in with a PIN, you will need to remove it before turning off your password:
- Select the PIN option and then choose Remove.
- A box will come up confirming that you are removing the PIN - select Remove.
- A box asking for your password will appear. Enter the password that you use to sign in and then click on OK and the PIN will now be removed.
3) Select the Password option and then Change.
4) Enter the current password that you use for signing in and then choose Next.
5) Now it will ask you for a New password. Enter your Temporary Password into the New Password and Confirm Password box. You can enter a hint if you would like, then click Next.
6) Select Finish to complete the removal of the password.
7) That's it! If you're not able to change your password, our service technicians can help you change it when you arrive at the Knowledge Bar.