This guide will show you how to turn Google Chrome’s hardware acceleration on or off. This feature can be useful to help performance in Google Chrome.
1. With Google Chrome open on your computer, click the three dots at the top right of the window, and select Settings.
2. On the left side of the Settings window, click on Advanced to get a list of an additional options.
3. Select System under advanced settings here.
4. Locate “Use hardware acceleration when available”, click the slider here to turn this option On or Off.
5. Click Relaunch to restart Chrome to complete any changes made to the settings.