If you use ESET Anti-Virus or ESET Security, you may see pop-up messages from time to time from the program. By default, ESET products display desktop notifications regarding detected threats, scheduled scan events, detection engine update activity, etc. in the Windows notification area.
Here is an example of one of these messages:
These messages can be hidden, so if you'd like to do that, please follow these steps to turn these notifications off:
1. To begin, open the ESET Security software found on your PC. There are two easy ways to open the program on your PC:
Method 1: Click the Start icon, typically found at the lower left corner of the screen. Look for ESET from the list of applications and select it. Then select ESET Security.
Method 2: Go to the hidden icons menu typically found on the lower right hand corner of the Windows taskbar and click on the ESET icon.
2. Once ESET is open to the main product window, press F5 on your keyboard. This will open the ESET Advanced Setup window.
3. On the left side under "Advanced Setup", click on Tools.
4. Under Tools, click on Notifications.
5. Click the slider bar next to Display notifications on desktop, which will disable it and then click OK to save any changes.
That's it. If you wish to change the settings back, simply return to the slider and re-enable it.