If the hard disk drive is faulty, ReadyView recommends replacing the NVR via the RMA process. ReadyView does not provide any support for swapping the hard disk drive in a ReadyView enclosure and warranty is for the original equipment that shipped with the device. The only hard drives tested for use in the NVR are the Western Digital purple lineup.
IMPORTANT: Replacing with any other hard disk drive is not supported and is done at your own risk.
Removing the Hard Disk Drive
To open the NVR enclosure, follow the steps below:
- Power off the NVR and remove the power cord from the NVR
- Turn the NVR upside down
- Remove the four screws from the bottom corners
- Carefully lift the bottom panel
- Disconnect the SATA power and SATA data cables from the hard disk drive
- Remove the hard disk drive by loosening the four screws in the center of the bottom panel
Installing the Hard Disk Drive
To install the hard disk drive, please reverse the step listed above.
- Install the hard drive and secure it to the center of the bottom panel with the four screws
- Connect the SATA power and SATA data cables to the new hard disk drive
- Attach the bottom panel to the NVR
- Secure the bottom panel with the four screws that you removed earlier
- Place the NVR right side up
- Plug the power cord into the NVR and power on the NVR