Looking to set up your Hotmail/Outlook.com email account in Outlook? It can be done in just a few simple steps.
Note: Your username is your full Outlook.com email address. (email@example.com etc.)
Here is how to set up your Hotmail/Outlook.com email account in Outlook:
1) Open Outlook on your PC.
You can get to it by clicking the Start button, typically found at the lower left corner of the screen, and locate and open Outlook in the alphabetical list of programs.
2) Click on File at the top left of the Outlook window, then click on Add Account on the pop-up window.
The next steps will vary whether or not you have two-factor authentication on your account with Hotmail/Outlook.
Option 1: Without two-factor authentication set up
1. Enter your email address, then select Connect.
2. If prompted, enter your password again then select OK, and Finish.
Option 2: With two-factor authentication set up
1) Go to https://outlook.com, click your initials in the upper right, and then select
2) Under Security, select More security options.
3) Scroll down to the app passwords section and then choose Create a new app password.
4) Your app password will be displayed on the next screen. Make a note of this password, as you'll need it when you add your account to Outlook.
5) Use the instructions at the beginning of this article to add your account to Outlook, but when Outlook asks for your password, enter your app password.