This article will show how to open and play a DVD in VLC Media Player in Windows 10. VLC Media Player is a free downloadable software available for your Windows PC.
If you're not sure how to install that, please check out our guide here.
1) Open VLC Media Player on your computer. To get to this, click on the Start button, typically found at the lower left corner of the screen. Navigate through the list of programs in alphabetical order and look for the VideoLAN folder, expand it by clicking on it and click on VLC Media Player to open it.
2) Once the main program window opens, click the Media menu at the top left corner, then click on Open Disc.
3) On this menu, select the type of disc you are trying to play/open at the top under "Disc Selection", then click Browse to select your DVD drive.
4) From the Browse window, click on This PC on the left, then select the DVD drive on the system and click Select Folder.
5) Once the options are set as desired, click on Play.
That's it, your DVD will now start to play in VLC Media Player.