If you are receiving a message that says "Your computer is not protected" as soon as you install ESET on a Mac, this can easily be fixed.
This issue is a common issue when first installing ESET on MacOS versions 10.13 and later. It will also involve a Your computer is not protected notification. If you receive that message when you install ESET, here are the steps to allow ESET extensions on your Mac:
1. From the pop-up that appears from ESET, select Open System Preferences.
2. A System Preferences window will open up. From this window, click on Security & Privacy.
3. Click the lock icon at the bottom of the window to allow changes to be made to your settings.
4. Click Allow next to "System software from developer ESET, spol. s.r.o. was blocked from loading."
5. Click Start Again on the original ESET notification and the error will be fixed.