Looking to remove your Windows 10 password on your local account? We will show you how to change the settings on your Windows 10 PC so that it does not ask for a password at login. Before proceeding with these steps, it is assumed that you have carefully evaluated the pros and cons and possible risks of eliminating a login password from your PC.
If you have decided that you do not want a login password on your PC, these steps will help you get to that point.
- From the start menu, type Sign-in Options into the Windows Search Box and then click on Sign-in Options.
2. If you are NOT using a PIN to sign in, you can skip this step, and skip ahead to step 3.
If you are signing in with a PIN, you will need to remove this first before removing your password:
- Select the PIN option and then choose Remove.
- A box will come up confirming that you are removing the PIN - select remove.
- A box asking for your password will appear. Enter the password that you use to sign in and then choose OK and the PIN will now be removed.
3. Select the password option and then click on Change.
4. Enter the current password that you use for signing in to your computer/account and then click on Next.
5. Now it will ask you for a New password. On this screen, leave every box blank (all three boxes) and click on Next.
6. Select Finish to complete the removal of the password.