This article will explain how to daisy chain multiple monitors with display port connections. Daisy chaining describes connecting devices one to another instead of each to the computer.
- You will need a graphics card with DisplayPort 1.2 as well as monitors with DisplayPort output. The last monitor in the chain does not need an output.
- On some monitors, DisplayPort 1.2 is an optional feature. If your monitor has this as an optional feature, be sure to enable it from the monitor’s on-screen menu. Refer to the monitor’s manual for instructions.
- Using a DisplayPort cable, connect your computer to the first monitor’s DP-in.
- Connect the next monitor by running a DisplayPort cable from the first monitor’s DP-out to the second monitor’s DP-in.
- Repeat step 4 until all monitors are connected
Be sure to set your screen resolutions so as not to exceed the bandwidth of the single DisplayPort connection in use.