This guide will show you how to change where Google Chrome saves downloads by default. The default setting is the main Windows Downloads folder.
1. With Google Chrome open, click the three dots for customize and control Google Chrome, found at the top right of the Chrome window. Click on Settings on the drop-down menu.
2. On the left side of the Settings window, click on Advanced to get a list of additional options.
3. Select Downloads under advanced settings.
4. On the Downloads page, click Change next to the current Download location.
5. A pop-up window “Location” will appear, select a new folder to save downloaded files to, and then click Select Folder to set this folder as the new default in Chrome.