This article describes how to create a rule in Outlook to automatically sort emails into folders and provide an example of a rule with a corresponding action.
1. Click the Start Icon and open Outlook.
2. Once Outlook is open, click on the Home tab.
3. Select an email to be entered in a rule.
4. Click Rules and select Create Rule.
5. Choose conditions and actions from the Create Rule window.
6. Select Advanced Options for additional rule conditions, actions and exceptions.
7. As you select options for the rule, click the blue text to set the value.
8. At the Rule Wizard, click Next after making the selections on each Window.
9. At the Finish Rule Setup, name the rule.
10. Select Run this rule now on messages already in “Inbox” to make the rule apply to all previous emails if needed.
11. Click Finish. A small loading bar will appear once Outlook starts sorting the Inbox.
12. Click OK on the Outlook warning message advising that the rule will only work in outlook on this device.