Looking to back up your Mac? Today we will show you how to back up a Mac computer using Time Machine which is found on any system with MacOS.
Here is how to do this:
1. Connect an external storage device to the Mac.
2. If the Mac prompts to use the drive to back up with Time Machine, put a check in Encrypt Backup Disk and then click Use as a Backup Disk
3. If the Mac does not automatically prompt to use the drive, click on the Apple symbol in the upper-left hand corner and click on System Preferences, then click Time Machine and then click Select Backup Disk
4. Select the external drive from the list of available disks and put a check in Encrypt backups
5. Click Use Disk. If the disk selected isn’t formatted correctly, Time Machine will prompt to erase the disk. Click Erase to erase the disk. NOTE: This will remove any files found on the drive.
6. Time Machine will now begin to backup the computer.
7. Time Machine will automatically perform periodic backups of the Mac (if the external storage device is connected to the Mac).
8. To manually start a backup, choose Back Up Now from the Time Machine menu that is on the top menu bar.