Why should I clear the cache of my browser?
Clearing the cache from Safari can be beneficial for your computer. It can help:
- Protect your personal information
- Your browser run more efficiently for a better online experience
- Prevent you from using old auto-fill on forms
- Pro-actively stop scam pop-ups from appearing
Whenever you visit a website, your browser stores a temporary cached version of that webpage. This enables your computer browser to efficiently bring up this website again in case you return to it. Cached files generally contain saved data for the website as well such as text size preference, language, layout, etc.
However, that same cached data can sometimes enable scam pop-ups to occur on your computer and no one wants to deal with that sort of scare. In this article, we’re going to show you how to easily clear the browser cache from Safari.
1) With Safari open on your Mac, select Develop at the top of the Safari menu
2) Select Empty Caches
3) That's it!