Gpu fan goes full speed at startup and restart.

Options
BlazerBuddy
BlazerBuddy ✭✭
First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Likes Name Dropper
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
Just like the question says, every time I turn on my pc and or restart the pc, the gpu fan runs full speed for a few seconds or so before dialing back down. Temps are good 33-34 at idle, is this normal? How can I fix this.

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    Yeah, this is fairly normal. The fans default to full speed, while the MBO is POSTing, and the fan control system either relies on the completion of a POST, or just isn't initialized. Typically they drop when the temp is recognized. Temps of 34 while idle are also normal. Sounds like everything is in working order! If they stay at max speed or if the idle temp is 50+, then I would be a bit concerned.
  • BlazerBuddy
    Options
    LandShark said:
    Yeah, this is fairly normal. The fans default to full speed, while the MBO is POSTing, and the fan control system either relies on the completion of a POST, or just isn't initialized. Typically they drop when the temp is recognized. Temps of 34 while idle are also normal. Sounds like everything is in working order! If they stay at max speed or if the idle temp is 50+, then I would be a bit concerned.
    Okay, Thx! Just making sure because my friends Pc doesn’t do this when it is turning on.
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Yeah, sometimes this can be tweaked in the BIOS if your BIOS fan settings are different than the fan curve you've set in your software. That being said, it won't harm your system. I've heard some speculate that it will clear some of the dust in your system as well. I don't have any data to back that up though. 😊
  • BlazerBuddy
    Options
    LandShark said:
    Yeah, sometimes this can be tweaked in the BIOS if your BIOS fan settings are different than the fan curve you've set in your software. That being said, it won't harm your system. I've heard some speculate that it will clear some of the dust in your system as well. I don't have any data to back that up though. 😊
    Okay, Thx!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99