Should I wait for restock?

Options
NemotheFish
edited January 2021 in Help Choosing Parts
I was aiming to purchase a GTX 1660 Super (specifically this one, https://www.microcenter.com/product/617824/asus-geforce-gtx-1660-super-advance-rog-strix-overclocked-dual-fan-6gb-gddr6-pcie-30-graphics-card) but it had sold out before my planned date to purchase it. I also couldn't reserve the item. Should I wait for a 1660 Super to restock and if so, when will it restock, or should I try to find the same or different else where? Most other websites have the cards at high prices not even close to the MSRP (399+ most of the time) and the websites that do have it low are out of stock or sketchy. I'd also rather be able to get it physically. Since I'm starting from scratch with a Ryzen 5 3600, I think lower than a 1660 super would be bad. Should I try to get a card higher or stick with what I'm thinking. What should I do?

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    Hello @NemotheFish. Welcome to the community!
    I totally get what you're saying and I'd have to agree that GPUs are very scarce right now. Unfortunately, I don't have an ETA for when the next shipment might be delivered. GPUs aren't available for reservation at the moment due to the high demand with limited availability. AMD and NVidia have mentioned that they expect to have more inventory becoming available in the beginning of the year. Hopefully, we'll see that play out shortly! Best of luck to you!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99