How early do I have to get to the store to get a 3060? (Houston)

Options

Hello! I work at a school, and therefore cannot get to MC on weekdays, and my job also requires me to be away on the weekends, so the only chance I have at getting a card is over this upcoming spring break. What is the process like? How early do I have to be? Are some days better than others? Thank You!

P. S.- The specific card I want is either the EVGA 3060 or EVGA 3060 ti.

Comments

• TSTDavey
    Options

Hello @SpacePilot7132 and thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. You may or may not know of this, but there is a GPU shortage across the industry. Its a challenge for local retailers to keep GPUs stocked, especially 3060s. Even some online retailers are unable to keep up with GPU stock.

So for Microcenter, you'll have to get to the store during the week on multiple days during the week or on the weekend. You'll want to get to the store 1-2 hours before it opens with a chance to get into the store before anyone to see if the store has GPUs or if they are expecting an inventory truck that day. They should be able to let you know if there will be any GPUs on that that truck.

At that point, you'll have to hang out in the store until truck comes. Some stores will give you a voucher and call you when the truck comes for if you leave the store. But in-store customers get first dibs on purchasing GPUs once they are placed out on the sales floor.

Every employer is different for everyone. Some get vacation time, others don't. But if you are able to get a day or two off, visit the store two hours before it opens Tuesday through Saturday.

Good Luck

• TSTDavey
    Options

@SpacePilot7132 You're welcome and Good luck to you.

• KY_Grown
    Options
    I'll also be driving to the Houston location from about 3hrs away. I've been keeping track of their online inventory (I check it about a half hour before they open) and it SEEMS as though they USUALLY get a decent restock of random RTX 20xx, 30xx, and AMD 5xxx and 6xxx cards. Though, I don't really know if the online inventory has been accurate or not

I'm just trying to figure out if camping out for hours the night before is still a thing, and if so, what time the lines start forming
  • steelaw
    Options
    Yes campout.dont count on the website it's grossly inaccurate
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99