GPU Shortage and Need a PC

So I'm building a pc mainly for video editing and photo editing, but I'm also going to be using it for school. I also have pictures that need edited but since there is a gpu shortage they are like all sold out. I really need to build my pc asap. Does anyone have suggestions?

Comments

• @ThatDiamondMustache Whats your budget? And laptop or Desktop?

At this current time the best option right now are prebuilt PC's imo. If its a matter of getting a PC that is content creator level of specs. And its not going to be cheap

• JohnMagee
    JohnMagee Store Associate
    5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper Micro Center Store Associate

Hey @ThatDiamondMustache !

Micro Centers currently over custom PCs built by the internal service department that can accommodate most needs for both video, as well as photo editing. If you are anticipating editing 10 bit 4k video, I would recommend an 8-core or higher processor and a RTX 3070 or higher. When I edit video in 4k, I seem to use over 16gb of ram due to multitasking on the system.

Micro Center also has PowerSpec machines that can accomplish this as well. The powerspec machines are built with in house parts as well. This makes the process much easier when you are looking to upgrade or replace a malfunctioning part.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99