Need help building PC

Shinez
Shinez
First Comment
edited February 2020 in Your Completed Builds
So I already bought all the parts except for the Video card but I am planning on getting it soon, will this parts do good for any kind of gaming?

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=5be48590-56b4-4025-baa4-f1689c08d966
First time building a pc i have no idea where all the cables go to... need help!!

Comments

• ryau
    ryau ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    Hi Shinez, welcome to the forum. That link doesn't work here, can you tell us the SKU # you're looking at? We can look it up from there.
  • ryau said:
    Hi Shinez, welcome to the forum. That link doesn't work here, can you tell us the SKU # you're looking at? We can look it up from there.
    Hey I just updated the URL hope you can give me an answer to this!  :D
  • Thank you for updating that Shinez. I recommend using the manual for your motherboard or other components to figure out which ports you should use. There are also a lot of Youtube videos that we've found to be particularly helpful for building systems. Which cables are you in particular having issues with? Feel free to send us a picture.
  • TSRosieV said:
    Thank you for updating that Shinez. I recommend using the manual for your motherboard or other components to figure out which ports you should use. There are also a lot of Youtube videos that we've found to be particularly helpful for building systems. Which cables are you in particular having issues with? Feel free to send us a picture.
    I'm having problems with cables coming out from power source connecting to mother board

• TSKevinW said:
    What cables are you having an issue with?
    cables that are coming out of power source to mother board and graphic card, i have no idea which one i am suppose to connect them to 
  • Hello Shinez!   
    powersupply rear

The two Cables outlined should run to the motherboard outlined in the image below.
    motherboardabove
    The graphics card power supply cables will come from the power supply with the modular cables highlighted in the image below.
    powersupply rear

• TSNickW said:
    Hello Shinez!   
    powersupply rear

The two Cables outlined should run to the motherboard outlined in the image below.
    motherboardabove
    The graphics card power supply cables will come from the power supply with the modular cables highlighted in the image below.
    powersupply rear

So, there are bunch of cables coming out from the case it-self.   Do you have any idea of where I'm suppose to plug those in to?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    If you're referring to the small cables that are running from the front of the case, like this:

Those are the front panel connectors for the power button, power LED, etc... They plug into the PANEL connection on the bottom-right corner of your motherboard, which I've outlined in this picture:

The pins are labelled so you know which cable plugs into which, but it's kind of hard to see in the picture. Your motherboard manual should have a breakdown of which pin is which if you have trouble seeing it on the board. 

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99