can i get my pc checked out?

Options

Ever since I moved my pc from underneath my desk to on top of it to get better air flow, I noticed how loud it is and how much it vibrates, also my GPU gets up to over 50 Celsius when running games like Halo Infinite or Rainbow Six Siege. I have brought it into the westbury store one time and they said they found no problems with it. But last month when I was asking about a new headset, when I went over to the prebuilts section to see all of the cool cases and RGB. I saw the exact model of my PC (the PowerSpec G707) and went up to it and heard nothing! I know that if you bring it into the store there is a lot of sound in there so when testing you cant hear it as loud as if you are in a very small room with a flimsy desk that can feel every vibration and tap of a key on the keyboard, I had some concerns. I wanted to know if I could bring it in again because I wanted to know if I could A. get an upgrade on the cpu some day in the future and B. see if this problem can be fixed on why the GPU gets that hot when playing R6 or Halo. And why the fans spin so fast. I would really appreciate the help.

Answers

• Ian
    Options

Greetings.

50C is not a concern at all for video cards especially if it's under load. The fans are going spin up under load / while gaming to keep itself as cool as possible. This really does not sound like an issue but just normal use.

As for bringing the computer in for service, turnaround time will vary by store and would only be able to accurately estimated to you directly at your local store in person.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99