New store location plea.

Options

For the last several years, the Tampa area has been painfully without any real electronics stores. Long ago, we had multiple CompUSA, Computer City, and Circuit City locations. When CompUSA bought Computer City, they converted some of the local stores into CompUSA. Later on CompUSA got acquired by TigerDirect, and eventually shut down all of the stores. Our choices are to buy online, or hope that BestBuy might accidentally stock a part that we might need. Their inventory is usually pathetic, and fewer items than I have in my spare parts bins.

We have nowhere to buy computer parts, buy maker tools like 3D printers, or even grab parts to fix a machine without waiting for an overnight delivery from Amazon, hoping that our diagnostic skills are perfect. I'm almost perfect, but I don't like ordering and waiting 26 hours for the Amazon delivery van shows up.

We need you. There are 3.2 million customers in the greater Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater area, with no physical stores to go to. We all need electronics. We're throwing money at Amazon, that you guys could be making. And more importantly, people who will put their brand loyalty with their new friends at the best store in the area. (hint: you) If I had a budget to open an electronics superstore, I would open one near the old CompUSA locations in Tampa. Unfortunately, I don't.

Doing a little research, the old Dale Mabry location is currently available. The Hillsborough location has been taken over by a Walmart Marketplace.

We need a good reputable computer and electronics store, and you are our best hope!

Best Answer

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Answer ✓
    Options

Greetings,

Thank you for posting on the Micro Center Community! Thank you for providing us a location you think a Micro Center would be great at! I don't really have the pay-grade to make the decision of opening up a location but I can send this to the people that are and see their thoughts and opinions! 

Answers

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99