what amount of wattage would i need for a ryzen 7 5800x and a 1660 super

Options

I'm getting a new cpu and i want to know how much wattage i will need for it. I also want to know if my gpu will be bottlenecking my cpu?

Answers

• Yingdong
    Options

In theory, 500w or even 450w is already enough. But it wouldn't hurt, also it's better to go higher leave the space for future upgrades. About gpu bottleneck, that's a weird question, when gaming you should really be more worry about cpu bottleneck. 5800x and 1660super fits just fine on 1080p resolution.

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

There really isn't such a thing as a perfectly matched GPU and CPU for all occasions. From one game or program to the next, either the CPU or GPU is used more than the other. Now you can get kind of close, so for example the Radeon software suggests that I get a 5800X because it implies my 5600X is not strong enough to keep up with my 6800XT. But maybe AMD is just trying to drum up more sales? In any case, for what games I play and programs I use, this combination is great. At some point when graphics cards are reasonable again you might get one more powerful to go with that 5800X but the 1660 Super is not bad at all.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99