Two new monitors; different bit depth?

Hello! Today, I purchased two 27" MSI monitors (Optix Mag273R2) because I am trying to run a two-monitor set-up. Turns out the colors are noticeably different between the two monitors, especially since they are right next to each other. Under the advanced display settings, the only difference I can find is that one is running an 8 bit depth and the other is running 10 bit. They are both using display ports and plugged into my desktop (also purchased from Micro Center fairly recently; deets below). Also, I adjusted my refresh rate to 165 for both monitors and noticed some lag and slowing on basic web browsing or making changes to the settings on the device. Did I do something wrong? can I change anything on my end? - More importantly, does anyone know why there are different colors and bit depths on two of the same monitor? and is my computer not able to handle two screens at 165 Hz (which the rep said I would be more than fine to do with my set-up?)

I am still learning the ins and outs of how everything impacts one another - could really use some help! Thanks.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor        3.70 GHz

NVIDIA Georce RTX 3060

Installed RAM 32.0 GB

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

• for some reason all of the categories weren't available for selection, so i chose the closest one!

Answers

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99