My volume up and down, my brightness buttons, and some of my other buttons aren't working either,

Options

so I have a HP pavilion gaming laptop runnign windows 11, and I was playing some games when I realized my volume up and down, my brightness buttons and some others I might not know of aren't working. I also noticed in some games that there are key bindings to volume up and down (Beam,NG drive has volume up or down as reset for some reason) but I noticed that if I plug in a keyboard that I got with my old pc (it has a volume up and down button on it not brightness) that it works perfectly for volume up and down. Well, my main question is, is there a way to make my volume, and brightness buttons work? I think its windows 11 (that came pre installed on the computer). Is there a way to use my laptops built in keyboard for the volume, or will I have to use another keyboard or do it manually? I personally think its the software or my laptops defective. does anybody have any thoughts on how to fix it/ what the problem is?

Best Answer

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Answer ✓
    Options

Greetings. Which exact model of HP laptop is this for?

If you are referring to the extra keyboard shortcuts/functions listed on the keyboard itself, most of the time you have to hit the FN key on the keyboard and the respective key to get that extra function to work.

Answers

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99