P/C Rebuild /Upgrade

Options

Greetings everyone, I am getting ready to upgrade / rebuild my current pc. I just used the custom pc build application on the Microcenter website and wanted some feedback from the pros on the combination of parts I selected to create "Frankenputer" I have fundamental knowledge. I will provide my current system specs and my new build list of parts.

My current setup consists of AMD Athlon II X2 250 Processor 3.0ghz 16.0 gb of Ram, Nvidia Geforce GT 730. Here is my new component list;https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=5358822a-fc9b-4932-b441-5e8cbf73987a

Comments

• Yingdong
    Options

Your psu does not need any upgrade, 500w is totally enough for ryzen 5 + middle lower end graphics. My advice is grab the 1650 super, or at least a 1650 gddr6 version when it is in stock, 1050ti is really not enough for most of modern game at 1080p. If it is not in stock, another option would be swap out the 5600x and kick in a 5600g apu and choose crucial ballistix 3600mhz ram instead. With proper gfx/ram overclocking and setting, its integrated graphics performs near a gtx 1050, and you can always upgrade when graphics card is in stock.

• Yingdong
    Options

Also, if you don't plan to kick in a 5900x/5950x in near future, you probably want to use a budget b450 board instead. Ryzen 5000s is last gen cpu on am4 socket and ryzen 6000s will be on socket am5, from what I see it wouldn't be wise to spend too much on am4 motherboard.

• Bohnzye1
    Options

Hello YingDong, Thank you so very much for all your input. I am checking prices availability for those components this weekend at "Micro Centers". I will follow up with you shortly. Thanks again for all your help . ))

• Bohnzye1
    Options

Hello YingDong, I'm sorry, Did you recommend a motherboard in this thread as well?

• Yingdong
    Options

When you don't know what motherboard to get, it's always good to go with msi mortar/ asus tuf. They are good performance mobo with the best price to performance ratio.

If you plan on upgrade to newest rtx 30/rx 6000 series graphics card, go with the b550 for its pcie 4.0, if you are only going with rtx 20 or older gpus, b450 will be much cheaper and do the same job just as fine. You also decide yourself if you are going with micro atx board or atx board, micro atx is cheaper, but it's likely going to have less expansion ports and ram slots, also it might look weird if installed in a atx case.

I personally like the Asus b450m plus tuf gaming II: https://www.microcenter.com/product/632284/asus-b450m-plus-tuf-gaming-ii-amd-am4-microatx-motherboard.

It's a small, powerful and compact board, has the most features on higher end board for a sub $100 price point. Best value am4 micro atx board in my opinion.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99