Powerspec G438 with windows 11 taskbar not showing.

Options

The taskbar is not showing. I have been unable to find a fix. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer

Answers

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@FredJones

We'll look into this for you. Did this work initially then stop after a cumulative update? What fixes have you tried so far?

• FredJones
    Options

The taskbar had disappeared and then re-appeared after a couple of days. I'm not sure what windows 11 automatic updates might have taken place. I had tried re-starting windows explorer a couple of time with no success.

Another strange event was that the WIndows key would not work either.

This morning I decided to try re-starting Windows Explorer again. I used these steps which were suggested on several sites. These are the same steps I used before-that did not work.

Ctrl + Shift + Esc to launch the Task Manager. Click More details at the bottom if you only see the simple window. Then on the Processes tab, locate Windows Explorer. Right-click it and choose Restart

This time they did work. The taskbar popped back up. It even came back after a re-start. Not sure why this worked this time, but I just hope the taskbar stays around.

Thanks for the offer to help.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99