Question about parts list and is budget going to the right places

Options

It has been a long time since I updated my gaming rig and want to jump to 4k gaming capabilities. I don't mind spending top dollar for CPU and GPU but want to save money elsewhere when possible. The biggest question marks I have is 1) is the motherboard sufficient or is there a better option without busting the bank, 2) is the case fan sufficient to cool if the AIO is on the top, 3) I tend to watch videos (streaming) while I play some games so will two sticks of ram be sufficient or would I need to go to 4 sticks (this is coming from an observation that sometimes my system seems to degrade in performance while streaming and I only have 2 sticks currently).

Comments

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

You might reconsider the 6900XT in favor of a 6800XT. I have a 6800XT and it is really strong. With 80 compute units in the 69 and 72 in the 68, you pay almost double for 9% more power which is probably hard to notice.

You could get a much better case like Corsair 500D Airflow or LianLi Dynamic and go all in on custom loop instead of aio for the price difference.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99