C-State causing Crash

Options

Hey everyone, I bought this pre-built the other day (https://www.microcenter.com/product/644485/G361_Gaming_PC;_Intel_Core_i9_10th_Gen_10850K_36GHz_Processor;_NVIDIA_GeForce_RTX_3060Ti_8GB_GDDR6;_32GB_DDR4-3200_RAM;_1TB_Solid_State_Drive;_Microso?MccGuid=0b0d6f13-cc2e-449d-aff5-6d5ab7aa7dff&utm_source=instorereceipt&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=T0048&utm_content=20211212)

Out of the box it was consistently crashing every 20 minutes. I disabled C-State Support in Bios, and it seemed to have resolved all my issues, after 2 days of running perfectly, I decided to enable C-State Support again, and it started crashing again, why is C-State Support causing my PC to crash, could it be a hardware issue, is disabling C-State safe?

Thanks

Answers

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2021
    Options

Greetings @LuNico

Please provide us with the build number of your system. You'll find this on the serial label on the rear of the chassis. Also please clarify how it's crashing. Is it shutting down? Is it restarting? Are you seeing a BSOD?

If you're seeing a BSOD please run bluescreenview: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/bluescreenview-x64.zip

Regarding C-States, your CPU isn't going to idle, it'll kill your power savings. This is not an issue we saw in testing, or that I've seen reported on any of these systems previously. We will investigate and the system is warrantied for one year. It sounds like a VRM/PSU issue. If you're seeing the system restart without a BSOD that would fit.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99