Rolling back Windows 11 to Windows 10

Options
Jason_D072
edited December 2021 in General Discussion

My friend recently bought a computer from Micro Center with Windows 11 installed on it. I have reset the PC twice and it just reinstalls Windows 11. I need to roll it back to Windows 10 so that I can get her Canon printer to work. I need to know how to roll it back from Windows 11 to Windows 10. I know windows 10 is going to be supported until 2025 and she and I are not interested in Windows 11. Please advise how to get the Windows 10 OS on this computer. Thank you.

Answers

• Ian
    Options

Greetings.

A Windows 11 computer sold with Windows 11 wouldn't have the ability to roll back to Windows 10 if it was sold with 11 only. You would have to buy a key/copy for Windows 10.

Most likely you can install the Canon printer drivers regardless on your Windows 11 PC from Canon's website as long as it is a fairly recently made printer.

• Thanks for the response. The printer is at least 5 to 10 years old and the drivers aren't available for this printer. I will just buy a windows 10 key. Thank you.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@Jason_D072

If the system came with Windows 11 out of the box, it's not going to be licensed for Windows 10 unless otherwise specified on the system.

You can download the ISO for 10 here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Create and reinstall from media, then you would need to purchase a key to activate Windows 10. Having said that though, this sounds more like an installer issue than a driver issue. I think we can make this work. What model is the printer?

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99