Powerspec g706 loud fan

Does anyone know what the final verdict was/is on the loud fans for some of the Powerspec PC's, specifially G706 Gaming PC. I have noticed lots of complaints. My cooling fans (on the top) have been loud since I purchased it. Is there something wrong with that particular brand cooler (Cooler Master)? Do I have to get a replacement cooler? I have already had the RAM replaced because they were faulty. Taking the PC to Microcenter is not an option right now. Just looking for a solution. Thank you!

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Greetings @Martin_Riggs_1987

Generally these fans are connected to the CPU_FAN header. Their volume is based on the CPU temperature. Please check your temps with Ryzen Master: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master

For clarification, are the fans always loud or loud under load? Does it just sound like high RPM or are you hearing something else that might indicate a bad bearing?

• TSMikeW,

Thanks for the reply! There's a vibration sound as the Cooler Master fans increase and decrease in RPM's both in load and at idle (more so at load). I have tested the fans in auto, quiet and performance modes. Quiet is good with no vibration issues but as as you can imagine the PC gets hot very quickly once you start running a few apps. Auto is where you get all of the vibration sound. Performance is simply too fast for any vibration. I use auto mode.

The sound the fans make is as if the fans are just a little bit loose in the housing and they are hovering in an RPM range where vibration is created. I have tightened and loosened the screws to no avail on both the radiator and fan housing. The vibration is loud enough at its peak where it is audible using Bose noise cancelling headphones.

For all I know this is completely normal. I understand some PC's are loud. I just read lots of complaints about the same issues that made me think there was something bigger going on with this cooler. Upgrading the Cooler Master fans actually seemed commonplace in many forums as they were deemed low quality. Adding a third case fan on the front also seemed to help.

Thanks again for any feedback.

-Martin_Riggs_1987@Martin_Riggs_1987

• PowerSpec_MikeW

@Martin_Riggs_1987

The stock Cooler Master fans provided good static pressure, that's what you're looking for with an a fan an AIO. When we're testing AIO's we'll generally test with heavy AVX stress. That should reach a higher temp than the end user will ever see under normal circumstances. In this testing the fan is loud, but in an enclosed chassis the noise should not be distracting. We do consider acoustics when we're testing these components.

I'd assume this is more of an issue with the bearings wearing out. The fans will wobble on their axis and you'll get the kind of distorted sound you're describing. This would be a defective part that would be covered under warranty. I do see you're still under the extended warranty, looking up the G706 under your email address. This would cover replacement fans or replacing the AIO entirely.

If you want to replace the fans yourself for the sake of minimizing downtime, I'd recommend these: https://www.microcenter.com/product/600913/arctic-cooling-p12-fluid-dynamic-bearing-120mm-case-fan

For radiator fans we're looking for fans that provide high static pressure rather than airflow or CFM.

You can find similar RGB fans, just be careful if they're addressable, that you're using the addressable header on the board. The original fans are RGB, not ARGB. The Lian Li Uni and Corsair ML's with the fluid dynamic bearings are solid, but I believe they're all ARGB. It can be difficult to sync with the existing RGB fans. I'd either lower the transition speed if you're on color cycle, or disable some of the addressable LED's to match it up. I'd grab an ARGB splitter as well if the fans don't have a second connector to daisy chain off of. The X570 Pro4 has a single ARGB header on the bottom of the board.

• TSMikeW,

Thanks again for your reply! Yeah, the PC is out of warranty. I will try out your recommendations. I will reply back here with the end result.

Have a great holiday!

-@Martin_Riggs_1987

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    edited December 2021

@Martin_Riggs_1987

I looked up your account with your email address and saw a two year extension warranty. Should bring your total warranty to three years. You've still got out nine months left.

• TSMikeW,

Oops. Oh well. I ended up replacing all the fans with the Lian Li UNI FAN Al RGB this morning. Purrs like a kitten now. Not to mention they cut out a lot of wires. It's weird not hearing all the noise. I had gotten used to it. I'm guessing one or both radiator fans had bad bearings. When I took the old ones out, they seemed very flimsy compared to the UNI FANS. I added a third case fan too on the bottom front and it has brought the temp down a few notches.

Thanks again for all your help.

Martin_Riggs_1987

@Martin_Riggs_1987

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99