How to stop Windows 11

Options

I made the mistake of installing it on my Acer laptop two days ago. It did not work well, and I reverted to Windows 10 this morning. I was happy until I noticed I had a notification update: I need to restart my computer to install Windows 11!

How can I stop this installation? I looked in my downloads folder, hoping to be able to delete that miserable piece of software but I don't see it.

Sooner or later, I will have to turn off my laptop and restart it. Please help!

Thank you so much for your tips!

Best Answer

Answers

• Marcella
    Options

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am not particularly computer-savvy, but I followed the instructions -- and I have stopped Windows 11 from messing with my laptop! In fact, I had to follow the instructions twice -- the first time, after I followed the instructions, I realized I had suspended all updates. When I restarted my computer, the Windows 11 notification was still there. I figured I had to authorize updates first, then go through the process again of editing the registry, and then restart my laptop, with my fingers crossed. It worked! I realize I will have to update the info in the registry to get Windows 10 updates, but that's o.k. Now I know how to do it.

Thank you again!

• Ian
    Options

You're welcome, glad to hear that article was able to help you out!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99