Transfer Atari Games to larger MicroSD Card?

Options
Rednroll
Rednroll ✭✭
First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited December 2021 in Retro Arcade/Gaming

For Christmas, I got the Ultimate dual Fight stick with trackball console which also included the Atari games MicroSD card. I'm pretty excited to start setting up and playing with this thing.

Before I even start setting this up, I would like to upgrade to a larger size MicroSD card than the 32GB. Can someone point me to some instructions on the best way to do that?

Any size recommendations? 128GB? 256GB?

Want to make sure I can add as many game roms as my heart desires and not have to be concerned with filling up the SD card while also being able to play the included Atari games.

Thanks!

Answers

• Ian
    Options

Greetings. The Atari ROMS/games would be quite small in size so 32GB should be more than enough.

If needed, you can simply copy the files off onto a computer etc., and then paste the same files over to another larger card.

• Rednroll
    Options

Thank you for your response. You may be right that 32 GB may be large enough but as they say better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

Anyways, I was able to figure it out. Used Win32 Disk Imager to make an image of the Atari 32GB MicroSD card, then transferred that image using Etcher to a 256GB MicroSD card. Worked like a charm. 😉

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99