FIRST PC BUILD looking for some advice

Options

So this is my first PC build, using strictly for gaming. I have a budget of $2000. I want to be able to multiplayer games in 1440p high 120fps, and single player games be able to configure settings to run Ray-Tracing. Multiplayer games being: Warzone, Gears 5, Battlefield 2042, Halo Infinite / Single-player games: Cyberpunk 2077. 

My Build:

CPU - i7 10700k

Motherboard - MSI z490 MPG Gaming Edge Wifi

RAM - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 16 GB (2 x 8) 3600 mhz

Case - Cooler Master TD500 Mesh

PSU - EVGA Supernova 650w Gold

GPU - Nvidia RTX 3070

SSD - 1) Inland 1TB Gen 4 2) Inland 500GB Gen 3x4

AIO - MSI Mag Core 360m

Extra Case Fans - Cooler Master SickleFlow 120m

The build is currently at $1915. I need help choosing a motherboard I've been researching this Z490 but it only maxes DDR4 Ram to 2933 so wouldn't buying a 3600 mhz RAM be pointless? 

If you have any pointers to make performance better or any suggestions in general because I'm a novice to this it would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• TSKevinG
    Options

Good afternoon @JRaShaun

Thank you for contacting micro center center. So for the parts you have this is a good start for a build however for specific recommendation on motherboards, i would suggest coming in to the store for this as much of this will depend on what they have available in store. Also for the system the 650 watt power supply is right at the recommended amount for the system so depending on othe ritem added or if you plan to upgrade later this may limit you as well.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99