Scanned Coupon Not Showing on Receipt

Options

So, I just bought a bunch of stuff at my nearest MC, in Fairfax, VA. The cashier scanned a coupon that I had received by email, the register beeped as if to acknowledge the coupon, and everything worked out... until I checked the email receipt, after I got home. The coupon did not show up in the receipt, and no associated discount was applied.

I've talked to both chat and email support, and they told me someone from the store would call me ASAP, but that hasn't happened. I know that a store manager could easily help me sort this out remotely and apply the coupon retroactively. Can anybody here help?

PS: I live pretty far from MC, and with the COVID spike around us, I would rather not go back for a while. The coupon wasn't a huge discount, but it was a discount that I would like to benefit from.

Update: Got off the phone with MC customer service... They won't make any remote adjustments because "reasons". Disappointing.

Best Answer

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Answer ✓
    Options

Greetings. I looked into your other open tickets with our email support and I do see store management reached out to you today. The coupon was not eligible for open box items, which it appears your purchase was for, these items are already discounted.

Answers

• Chopped_Liver
    Options

Hi, @Ian,

Indeed, they told me that over the phone. The confusion arose from the fact that the coupon's terms were unclear, and because the cashier said nothing of it when helping me check out. So, it all came as a confusing surprise.

Thanks for reaching out!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99