First time building a pc and need an opinion on compatibility and upgrade paths.

Options

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

GPU: ZOTAC GAMING GEFORCE RTX 3060 twin edge

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming II AMD AM4

Ram: 2x8gb OLOY 3600mhz

SSD: 970 evo plus 1TB

power supply: be quiet! BN619 Straight Power 11 750W Fully Modular Power Supply 80 Plus, Gold

fans: 5 Corsair iCUE SP120 RGB Pro Performance 120mm with Lighting Node Core

CPU water cooler: Enermax Liqmax III 360 Addressable RGB AIO CPU Liquid Cooler

case: Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow Tempered Glass Mid-Tower

operating system: Windows 10 64bit

Answers

• Zero2110
    Options
    Don't get a b450 board and 3700x b450 board is ideal for 3600x and lower motherboard , also your graphics card is pci 4.0 it's not a compatibly issue but if factor the speed of VRAM and the core count and clock speed doesn't require pci 4.0  and I personally would if this budgeted out maybe scrafce the 3060 for a 2070 and get a 5700x and x570 Asus Tuf was $169 when they came out I bet it's dropped. Then you have pci 4.0 for the next card penny's today dollars tommorrow you will go through another graphics card before you do a whole nother build unless maybe you have a sibling or friend who wants a build in the next 3 years. And don't buy the Enermax cooler if your trying to stay modest with decent RGB go lian li. And I am not fimilar with the power supply just make sure it has enough power cables of the right pin numbers. Some of the 3000 cards take 2 eight pin connectors
  • Jventura22
    Options

@Zero2110 I apologize for not including the fact that I had already bought the 3060 so would you know what board would be more compatible with the 3060. Also if I do get a better board should I keep the 3700x or still go down to 3600x. Thank you for your feedback.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99