Our Favorite Tech from CES 2022 - Days 2 & 3

Options
This discussion has a more recent version.

CES 2022 is starting to wind down and oh boy, there was a lot of new tech unveiled. We've already dug into the tech from Day 1 and dove deep into NVIDIA's conference as well as AMD's Product Premiere. But there's more yet to cover so let's just get into it.

ASUS ROG Flow Z13 Gaming Tablet

What it is: a gaming tablet from ASUS with an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti GPU

When it'll be available: 2022

Why we're excited: Mobile gaming is a tricky thing. Your options are generally either a gaming laptop, which is fantastic but can be a bit tough to transport, or your phone, which is probably a bit too underpowered (and incompatible) to play Valorant. Enter the ASUS ROG Flow Z13 Gaming Tablet. All the portability of a tablet with the power of an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti, an Intel i9-12900H CPU, and 5200 MHz LPDDR5 RAM. That's more powerful than some desktops I've built and sounds like the perfect compromise between mobility and power. My childhood dream of playing high-end video games on long car rides is finally coming true.

Samsung SolarCell Remote

What it is: a TV remote that can be recharged via Wi-Fi

When it'll be available: 2022

Why we're excited: The Samsung SolarCell remote might be the biggest sign of things to come at CES 2022. Functionally, it is just a TV remote. But it's a TV remote that can be charged using the Wi-Fi that's already in your house. So, while this remote is a super cool replacement for your old AA-powered remote, it's also definitely a small glimpse into the future of rechargeable technology. Imagine letting your phone charge just by setting it down literally anywhere in your house. Who knows? Batteries and charge cords may soon be a thing of the past.

ASUS Zenbook 17 Fold OLED

What it is: a foldable laptop with a full-size OLED screen

When it'll be available: expected Q2 2022

Why we're excited: Honestly, I'm still struggling to wrap my head around the ASUS Zenbook Fold 17 OLED. Not only does the OLED screen look absolutely stunning, it folds??? Folding screen technology isn't exactly new, but it's still not seen that often, and it's never looked this good before. It's no slouch when it comes to power either. With an Intel 12th gen i7 processor, two USB-C Thunderbolt 4 ports, and a 5MP webcam, the Zenbook 17 Fold OLED could be a really solid work laptop replacement

Alienware Project Nyx

What it is: an in-home game streaming server

When it'll be available: potentially never

Why we're excited: It wouldn't be CES without some wild tech that may never see the light of day and yet still gets us excited. This year, Alienware showed off Project Nyx, a game streaming server for your home. Rather than play cloud-based games from an off-site server, play from the one in your office upstairs! Lower latency, higher response time, and you won't have to download the same game to every one of your devices. Just put it on one server, then stream to every other device on your home network. While that might just be a pipe dream right now, it still sounds pretty cool to us.

So, what do you think? Did we miss anything big from CES this year? How was it compared to years past? Let us know down below!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99