Custom Build Ram Issue

Options

I used MicroCenter's custom build pc to help with building a pc. I purchased 2 of G.Skill 32GB 2x16 D4 3600 (Total of 64 GB ram) to be installed, but after checking the system information in Window, under Installed Physical Memory (RAM) only 48 GB showed up. I need help with fixing this issue.

Thanks.

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@Littlebear

We apologize for the trouble. First I'd check the system physically and verify all four sticks are installed. If so, check the BIOS (Del) on startup. It'll show you generally on the first easy page which modules are detected. I'd reseat the module that isn't.

• Littlebear
    Options

Hi, 

I opened the case, and the ram sticks were installed behind the fans. Both sides of the case can be opened, but on the side where the sticks are on, I couldn't get it to open. Do I need to uninstall the fans to reach the ram sticks? I don't know much about pc installation.

I took a photo of the BIOS, is there anything that I should look for and change on the setting?

Thanks

• Littlebear
    Options

Ok, the ram wasn't installed properly by the MicroCenter Tech. The last ram stick wasn't lighting up and not read by the PC. I removed the detachable fan on the cooler but still couldn't reach that last ram stick. The tech said they would check everything to make sure the custom build PC functions perfectly, I guess that's not the case.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@Littlebear

Confirmed on the easy mode tab that A1 is the culprit? Either it's not seated or it's a faulty stick. Looks like a Noctua DH-15. Best air cooler available, but it's going to be difficult to reach without removing the cooler. Since this was built by service, you can bring it for assistance with this. We apologize for the inconvenience.

• Littlebear
    Options

Yes, it's a Noctua DH-15. Gosh, it's so frustrating because it's a 2-hour drive...UGH.

but Thank you for your reply.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99