WHY are gift cards not accepted as online payment?

Options

I was happy to see Micro Center does online orders -- researched my products, created an order and...extremely disappointed I cannot use the giftcard I received over the holidays. As I understand it, the cards can be purchased, and redeemed, in any store, so they are not store specific, so what's the deal?

Seeing as I'm 2 hours from the nearest store...

Seeming as it's more likely that the online store will have ALL the items I want in one shot...

So...the products you sell are very 21st century, why are your giftcards still in the 20th? Please catch up!

Answers

• JimQPublic
    Options

GoatForHire,

Bzzzzt. Wrong answer. Re-read my post. I didn't ask IF they could be used.

I asked WHY CAN'T they be used. Someone in the MicroCenter corporate hierarchy could probably answer this, but I'm not holding my breath.

Same as WHY can't I see my gift card balance online. So try calling the store...

And WHY are store phone numbers hidden? I eventually did find one, but it went immediately on hold for 15+ minutes, at which point I gave up.

Micro Center fills a techy / nerdy big box store niche very well, but daaaaym, their online/phone customer support sucks. Like many other customers, my nearest store is multiple HOURS away by car. I can't just "drop by."

Once in the store, the employees are very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. And plentiful. Let some of them ANSWER THE PHONE CALLS!

• GerenM
    Options

I can't answer the why, but to get the balance, just use the "Chat" box at the lower right of the page. They'll ask for the card number and get you a balance.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99